Friday, November 03, 2017

NOVEMBER READING GROUP UPDATE








Reading group plans are small this month. Some of my groups are on hiatus due to the holidays. I will not be attending the One Book At A Time meeting nor reading the book, but I am including it anyway.
Bookie Babes: 
Support Independent Bookstores - Visit IndieBound.org
One Book At A Time:
Support Independent Bookstores - Visit IndieBound.org
Tiny Book Club:
Support Independent Bookstores - Visit IndieBound.org
Do you have reading group plans this month? If so, what are you discussing? Do you have any recommendations for good discussion books? 


7 comments:

  1. As usual, it looks like you have an interesting mix of reading ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have already read (and loved) The Shadow Land but I am longing to discuss it with my beloved Bookie Babes. The Ice Cream Girls does not appeal to me, so I am glad to skip that one. I am reading Braiding Sweetgrass now. I think it is a book you would love. Stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. At least you already read/reviewed one. Why are you skipping The Ice Cream Girls? From the title it seems like a beach read, though I may be wrong. Looking forward to your review of the last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The title is deceptive. It is about bad things happening to little girls. I am just not in the mood right now, ya know?

      Delete
  3. Haven't heard of the 2nd or 3rd book. I'm finishing up a good one that seems discussion-worthy called Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie. Check it out if you get a chance. cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happily my church's book club is back this month, for which I am reading Crazy Busy by Kevin Deyoung.

    ReplyDelete